Opacity and transparency

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Jan 29 14:55:53 CET 2004

On Thursday 29 January 2004 14:48, Patrick Julien wrote:
> On January 29, 2004 05:01 am, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Um... Was there an actual reason behind Krita's defining opacity and
> > transparency to be the opposite of ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick?
>
> Yes, to make it easier for me to understand.  What I felt we're more
> natural values.

Okay :-). It took me a while to arrive at the idea to check whether that was
possibly why the operators I ported from GraphicsMagick didn't work... Not
that they do work now, but I'm getting there. I'm having a hard time grasping
the basic maths of the composite ops and rewriting them to fit Krita :-(.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi