Fixed painting on transparent layers

Patrick Julien freak at codepimps.org
Sun Jan 25 14:30:51 CET 2004

On January 24, 2004 11:50 pm, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> At 10:48 PM +0100 1/24/04, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> >\I'm wondering -- whose code shall I nobble? ImageMagick is quite clear,
> > and judging from the enum, Krita was based on its list of operations, but
> > the Gimp's code supports more and more interesting operations, and the
> > Gimp has optimisation code for lots of processors. At the moment I feel
> > I'd better stick with ImageMagick.
>
> 	If you like what you see in IM, then grab the stuff from
> GraphicsMagick instead.  GM is a derivative of IM, but with a MUCH
> better license - and targetted for performance.

Actually, I was planning on adopting GM in the future but for much different
reasons.  Although John (forget is last name, sorry) was always courteous to
me, my primary contact at IM was always Bob (also forgeting is last name)
when he moved to GM, I decided to follow him over, and that meant Krita would
too.