Fixed painting on transparent layers

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Jan 24 22:48:39 CET 2004

I just fixed the 'normal' composition mode for painting (it was more like
'composite behind' but not quite), and made the layer merge code use the
composition method defined for the layer. Now I only have to add a combobox
to the layer properties dialog to enable layer composition methods. And
that'll mean, probably, that I will have to implement all the composition
methods declared in kis_global...

I'm wondering -- whose code shall I nobble? ImageMagick is quite clear, and
judging from the enum, Krita was based on its list of operations, but the
Gimp's code supports more and more interesting operations, and the Gimp has
optimisation code for lots of processors. At the moment I feel I'd better
stick with ImageMagick.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi