Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Jan 22 14:15:55 CET 2004

On Thursday 22 January 2004 14:13, Patrick Julien wrote:

> Well, I actually wanted to move away from this, want I really wanted was to
> use KIO to load all this stuff (didn't I start this already?)

Yes, it does -- but it still takes time until everything is loaded. I mean,
you can start painting even before the little box with brushes is filled.

> asynchronously so that something can still use and work with krita even if
> not everything is loaded.  I so hate progress bars or splash screens.

Don't worry, that's still true. And I've deferred the creation of masks until
the user clicks on one of the brushes, so loading the brushes doesn't take
all that long anymore.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi