A new class: KisAlphaMask

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Jan 1 23:32:31 CET 2004

I'm progressing as swiftly as I'd like (mainly because I'm not good enough in
C++ to recognize that if the compiler complains really bitterly, I've
probably made a copy-pasto, and because I'm stodging through C++ in a
Nutshell), but the brushes now cache their alpha mask using a new class,
rather appropriately named KisAlphaMask (or should that have been
KisBrushAlphaMask?).

Anyway, painting is a little less cpu-intensive now, since I don't calculate
the brush mask for every dab, and I've started on adding support for scalable
brushes (useful with pressure sensitive tablets -- only I needed a new kernel
for security reasons, a new Qt for KDE 3.2 beta, so I have to spend a day
getting the tablet working again), and I've started on making the brush tool
feature complete. More tomorrow, I hope.

Meanwhile, I think I will have to break my vow not to add another tool, and
collect my silly mistakes in a KisToolSilly tool, because my
kids^Wbeta-testers think Krita is getting less fun with every patch...

A very happy new year to everyone who happens to read this, too!
--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/index2.html