Using designer .ui files for our dialogs

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Feb 26 13:38:12 CET 2004

I've been trying to create a dialog for the transform method I added to
KisPaintDevice, and I wanted to use designer for it. However, I seem to have
a hard time getting the .ui file even to be uic'ed to .h and .cc.

I have added a dialogs subdir to krita/ui, because I would like to keep
the .ui files separate from the implementation files, and added a
Makefile.am. You can find all this in cvs; and if you comment out the
relevant bits in ui/Makefile.am, and run it, you'll see this message:

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/boud/prj/koffice/krita/ui/dialogs'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/boud/prj/koffice/krita/ui/dialogs'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `wdgmatrix.lo', needed by
`libkisdialogs.la'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/boud/prj/koffice/krita/ui/dialogs'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/boud/prj/koffice/krita/ui'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

This is the Makefile.am in krita/ui/dialogs:

INCLUDES  = $(KOFFICE_INCLUDES) -I$(interfacedir) $(KOPAINTER_INCLUDES)
$(all_includes)
noinst_LTLIBRARIES = libkisdialogs.la
libkisdialogs_la_SOURCES = wdgmatrix.ui
noinst_HEADERS = wdgmatrix.h
libkisdialogs_la_METASOURCES = AUTO

I'm baffled -- does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?
--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi