Karbon dockers and KoColor

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Feb 21 12:13:44 CET 2004

On Saturday 21 February 2004 12:01, Sven Langkamp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I discussed the sharing of the dockers with the Karbon developers on IRC.
> There are some new wigets in development including a new color chooser.
> http://benoit.vautrin.free.fr/karbon.html
> The problem is that the new chooser relies on Karbon core classes, mainly
> vcolor. Krita has the problem that it uses KoColor which has no opacity
> value.
> Should we use the new widget or keep KoColorChooser?

This calls for some deep thought... And a certain amount of
gazing-into-the-future. KoColor originated in Krita and was moved to the
KOffice libs so other apps could use it. But then Krita moved towards using
colour strategies that work on chunks of memory, and Patrick has said
recently that he rather disliked the necessity of updating KoColor every time
a new colour model is implemented in Krita.

And Krita will get very soon a colour model that will be all but useless to
Karbon, one based on the physical properties of paint (It's no. 3 on my todo,
first I'll finish the transform & implement a dialog to use that, then I'll
finish the capability mediator thing, or scrap it, and then I'll be making a
watercolour colour-strategy).

So, will this colour widget be extensible enough to allow extensions like
this?

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi