High-level pixel access methods

Boudewijn Rempt boud at calcifer.valdyas.org
Sun Feb 15 13:27:58 CET 2004

On Sunday 15 February 2004 13:20, Patrick Julien wrote:

> Why?

I'm playing with code to simulate painting with water colours. Every pixel is
made up from:

  QUANTUM rd;  /*  Total red channel concentration */
  QUANTUM rw;  /*  Myth-red concentration */
  QUANTUM gd;  /*  Total green channel concentration */
  QUANTUM gw;  /*  Myth-green concentration */
  QUANTUM bd;  /*  Total blue channel concentration */
  QUANTUM bw;  /*  Myth-blue concentration */
  QUANTUM w;   /*  Water volume */
  QUANTUM h;   /*  Height of paper surface */

(Where a QUANTUM needs to be at least 16 bits). And I can easily think of
other paint types that need even more bytes, if I get down to implementing a
wet & sticky model. I know that that's for the future, but I want the
flexibility built in.

I'm also looking into surface data like a paper height field and adsorbency
into a KisSurface class, but I still need seven QUANTUMS for water colours,
at least.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi