Docking GUI

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Feb 10 22:36:34 CET 2004

On Tuesday 10 February 2004 22:29, you wrote:

> > The ultimate goal would be to have Krita remember positions; for now, I'd
> > place all of them at the right of the image.
>
> When we want to place all widget right of the image there will be not
> enough space. Perhaps we should hide some dockers like Karbon does.

Yes, that's true... In ten days I'll get my new laptop, with 1600x1200, and
then _I_ won't have that problem anymore :-). In fact, on my current
1280x1024, I don't have that problem.

There are also a few visual artefacts when I undock a docker; it sometimes
shows up briefly in the opposite top corner. I think I noticed the same with
the carbon dockers, though.

Maybe we could initially dock two dockers, and have two others floating?

> > One niggle: the buttons in the channel view are truncated. It's not that
> > important, since the channel view doesn't work anyway, but there it is.
> > Oh, and being a renegade Java developer I prefer to have one class per
> > header file, but that's not that important either.
>
> We should enhance the HACKING file to cover some missing issues. The file
> doesn't answer the question how new classes should be name (with/without
> kis prefix)

Done that -- if you have more suggestions, fire away. The HACKING file is a
really new addition.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi