Design idea

Patrick Julien freak at codepimps.org
Tue Feb 10 10:41:50 CET 2004

You should request a CVS account.  This way, you would have an easier way of
gettings changes in.  Not only, but it would make it easier to present
changes with a smaller granularity for easier peer reviews.

That said, you may find it interesting to learn about my objectives coding
wise for the UI directory.

Actually there isn't much to say, but I'm hoping that new widgets added to
Krita can be more readily reusable, i.e. not bound to internal Krita data
structures.  My goal is that the ui directory no longer include anything from
the "core" directory.  That being said, all patches and work you do are
obviously welcomed, this is simply stating the ideal scenario.

This is somewhat similar to what is going on in the tools directory, there the
strategy is to use the Extension Interface design pattern to not expose the
document and view or any other critical part of Krita for that matter.

I look forward to seeing this new interface live in Krita.