koffice/krita

Adrian Page adrian at pagenet.plus.com
Fri Aug 27 12:35:08 CEST 2004

On Friday 27 August 2004 10:45 am, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Friday 27 August 2004 11:36, Adrian Page wrote:
> > True, but if you pass it pointers to data that isn't in tiles, there's no
> > such limitation. KisPainter only does a tile at a time, but the bitBlts
> > could work on larger areas if needed (not that they need to at the
> > moment).
>
> And if we had something that stored data in larger areas. But even the
> gradient and selection masks are in tiles right now.

Yes. I should say that I don't actually have a need to compose larger areas at
the moment, I just thought that the colour strategies shouldn't really need
to know anything about tiles, they should just work with QUANTUMs and arrays
of QUANTUMs. Since tileBlt could be used to blt larger areas, it seemed to
make sense to remove the association with tiles.

Adrian