Resource loading

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Aug 23 17:57:56 CEST 2004

On Monday 23 August 2004 16:37, Sven Langkamp wrote:

> I think you misunderstood me. I mean resouces should be loaded once. But
> the current selected brush, pattern etc. can be different in each view.

No, that's not the reason brushes etc. are loaded for every view. There is
state information about resources (like the use-as-mask for image brushes) and
that can be different for different views.

> Maybe I should make a patch to make clear what I mean.

I've just checked in something I hacked up while on the train -- just missed
your mail. If you have an idea about how to make this saner, please proceed.
Maybe, because this touches on the central design philosophy of Krita, it'd
be a good idea to first post a patch in this case.