The 'new document' crash

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Aug 23 09:50:32 CEST 2004

On Monday 23 August 2004 01:41, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Hi,
> I am back.
>
> > I'm not sure what Cyrille intended with the KisFilterFactory (which I
> > later renamed to registry, because it didn't create filters, just kept a
> > map of filters).
>
> I need to have a list of filters for use for a paint tools I was writting
> before I left.
> I will fix the problem.

Note that I'm right now removing the KisView::activeView static: every filter
already knows its current view, because it is created from that view. That's
one of the problems with the registry. There's one central registry
singleton, but the kparts system recreates the filters every view anyway. So
what you is probably either a registry per view. Anyway, the class was
misnamed, because it didn't create anything, so it wasn't a factory.