How to begin ?

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Wed Aug 11 11:37:13 CEST 2004

> What about less classical methods?
>
> http://www.americaswonderlands.com/digital_photo_interpolation.htm
>
> Are there any docs about those?

didn't no there were so many, although being tradenames some of them might
be very similar.

One thing i don't like about the tests is that the source images are so
huge. When shown on the webpage only every 4th pixel (or so) is shown. That
gives the impression that the scaleups are really good, when in reality much
of the information was just hidden for us when viewing the source image.

There are some pages on sampling and filtering in foley et al, but nothing
on bicubic in particular. Anyway foley et al is always a good introduction
to principles about any graphics subject. The full name of the book is
"Computer graphics: principles and practice" if my memory serves me right.

best regards
Casper