Hi - I'm new...

Saem Ghani saem-ghani at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 8 11:41:26 CEST 2004

On Friday 30 July 2004 23:18, you wrote:

> You can elect not to checkout the bits of KOffice you don't want to work
> on. I'm not sure how to go about developing Krita in KDevelop. I've tried
> it once, but even then I had to do the make -f Makefile cvs && ./configure
> from a shell. I'm using XEmacs, vim and Konsole for Krita development.
>
> So, what I'd do if I were you is:
>
> cvs co -l koffice
> cd koffice
> cvs co admin
> cvs up krita doc filters interfaces karbon lib mimetypes pics plugins
> servicetypes tools ls -d krita doc filters interfaces karbon lib mimetypes
> pics plugins servicetypes tools > inst-apps make -f Makefile.cvs &&
> ./configure && make
>
> I haven't tested this method myself, since I have plenty of disk space and
> like to mine the rest of KOffice for code & techniques.

Fortunately, I was able to get around this, I got a new drive, unfortunately,
FreeBSD decided to start acting up, so I gave it the axe and now I'm using
SuSe, all I can say is, WOW, boy is YaST slick!

So to the point, I got the make to work, YAY!  I'm not quite sure what I have
to do to get Krita going, the shell script in the build directory doesn't
seem to do anything and there isn't a Krita executable.

In anycase, I'll finally get to start working on Krita this comming monday.
Thanks for all the help.