I want to help you

Mr YouP mr.youp at free.fr
Sun Aug 1 14:10:49 CEST 2004

Hi,

Since several months, I look for the krita project. I'm a quite long time gimp
user and I think that a KDE image manipulation program missing. So I decided
to help the project.

Actually, I planned to help the project since some time but some difficulties
make me delayed it. There is :
- Lake of time. It's still true, I work, I do lot of things for promote free
software in my LUG, and do lot of things that haven't any link with free
software
- Since I'm a computer technician (well, in fact I don't know the english
word, developper ?), I never do a real Linux (neither KDE) program. I know
theory of C/C++ but I never do much than exercices with it
- I never be involved in a real huge project such as Krita, so I'm not
familiar with a developpment process like that.
- I never found how to compile Krita (Must I compil whole koffice from CVS ?)

So, I'm full of good intentions but quite desoriented. Just tell me how and
where I can grab the source, how compile it, which tool using for hack it
(kdevelop ?), and what you want me to do :)

Regards,
Mr YouP

PS : concerning my identity, I used to sign "Mr YouP" for all computer related
stuff, but my real name is Olivier Oriol. As I'm an artist (drawing), and I
consider hacking as an "artistic" activities, I prefer using a nickname for
doing it (that isn't the same for my drawings :))