Events

Adrian Page adrian at pagenet.plus.com
Fri Apr 2 14:40:18 CEST 2004

On Friday 02 April 2004 3:23 am, Clarence Dang wrote:
> I think this is a good idea.  You might want to borrow some ideas from
> kdegraphics/kolourpaint/tools/kptool.h for further tool abstraction (it
> even handles status bar messages that reflect the tool state).

Thanks, I'll have a look.

> > These new event classes could also use floating point for coordinates,
> > which is needed in order to use the full resolution of the tablets.
>
> How would that work with KisPainter which only accepts integer coordinates?
> I'm currently working on a few more KisPainter methods (polyline, polygon,
> fill) ... been rather busy lately though; haven't had much time to do
> anything Krita related.

The idea is to change the KisPainter methods to take floating point
coordinates too. For paintAt, this can be done by shifting the brush mask by
the fractional part and resampling it. Anything that uses paintAt, like
paintLine, can then generate floating point positions to use and we get nice
anti-aliased lines.

Adrian