core/color_strategy

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Oct 28 23:16:04 CET 2003

On Tuesday 28 October 2003 22:52, Patrick Julien wrote:

> > Anyway -- this is very nice. I've made a start adding composite methods
> > to every the color models. Is that okay, or were you working on that?
>
> I'm still thinking about to implement

I've just checked in a basic version. I'm not sure about the cmyk compositing
algorithm, but once it's easy to call from KisPainter, I'll experiment.

> Probably this signature tho
>
> virtual void composite(QUANTUM *dst, QUANTUM *src, Q_INT32 opacity,
> CompositeOp op) const = 0;

Changed.

> Yes, it would, for only 8 bit channels, it's only 65000 values, but I'm
> afraid I don't really understand what you are saying to me here tho.

Well, going by the Gof book, one could imagine that the image data in a tile
would be stored not as the actual RGB or whatever values, but as pointers to
KoColor objects; for every possible colour a KoColor, but the same KoColor
references many times.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/index2.html