KisPainter::bitBlt and CMYK

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Oct 25 00:03:26 CEST 2003

On Friday 24 October 2003 22:53, Patrick Julien wrote:
> On October 24, 2003 04:48 pm, Patrick Julien wrote:
> > On October 24, 2003 04:41 pm, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > > Well, I think my color strategy is pretty well done for now; the only
> > > problem seems to be that the bitBlt methods in KisPainter blithely
> > > assume rgba. Is this where the previously unused nativecolour methods
> > > come into their own, or do I do a switch for image type here?

> > Switch on Image type?!?  no, well not directly this is all detailed in
> > previous mails here, you need to use the color strategy, the point is to
> > use flyweight to get back a strategy by passing it the KisPaintDevice.

<from abortive answer>

FillRect switches; and since the rest of the infrastructure isn't there yet, I
am not getting any further. I know you expounded about this before, but,
sorry, I still haven't got the connection to the code itself clear. Maybe not
enough details, or I'm not clever enough to go from hint to implementation.

> You also need to add operations to the color strategy to combine colors of
> course.

Ah, okay, I was just answering your previous... I'm still not clear where the
nativeColor methods come in, and I'm not sure whence to get the strategy to
pass the painter. But the compose operations go into the strategy -- that's
what I was going to suggest in aforemention abortive answer. That helps.

I guess I can find a way to pass the strategy to the painter; I seem to
remember KisDoc knows about it.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/index2.html