Finishing a paint action.

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Oct 9 13:45:13 CEST 2003

On Thursday 09 October 2003 12:32, Patrick Julien wrote:
> > And the device->anchor()?
>
> Anchor is for actually freezing the coordinates of the device.  I.e.
> freezing a layer on the display.

But if I call fillRect and don't do that, I actually don't get to see anything
on the display. Is there another way of showing the results of a KisPainter
action?

> That would be the gist of it, unfortunately it won't work if you're using
> raw pixel copies like you're doing right now tho.

The first tool I made, for testing purposes, used fillRect, which should work,
shouldn't it? And if I use KisPainter's bitBlt to push the raw pixel copies
back, then undo/redo should work too, I guess. Only then I have to get the
image data back into KisPixelData again.

> > Does the painter provide all undo/redo information? If so, what's the
> > KnamedCommand subclass for that's present in every tool?
>
> Hmm, I don't actually remember, but the KCommand's returned from KisPainter
> are only for tile modifications.  There are commands for other, different
> types of actions, for example renaming a layer.
>
> Also, the old tools we're doing all their commands and their undo support
> individually.

Okay, so I can scratch all that. That code was still present in
kis_tool_selecetion_rectangular, so I thought it was necessary.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/index2.html