Krita website, and cmyk compositing

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Nov 2 10:02:02 CET 2003

On Sunday 02 November 2003 03:15, Patrick Julien wrote:
> On November 1, 2003 06:47 am, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > I've just added a condensed what-is-what design document to the koffice
> > website, in the Krita developer section. A high-level overview of what's
> > where with links to the relevant files and sections in CVS.
>
> Is any of this live?  I can't see any changes to the site.

It takes about half an hour before it goes life -- I can see the changes now.

> > By the way -- just saw the colorstrategy checkins. Nice -- now I can test
> > how cmyk should be composited (perhaps just simple adding and clamping --
> > that's how real inks work, too).
>
> Thanks, and I don't what you are asking me

Is there a 'know' missing in that sentence? I'm not really asking anything --
just being enthusiastic because any cmyk compositing code I will write will
now be called. I thought I could simulate cmyk compositing by adding the c, m,
y and k values of the layers (subtracting the a value, of course).

I did some experiments yesterday, but I'm not quite there yet.
--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/index2.html