New Brush Tool!

Boudewijn Rempt boud at calcifer.valdyas.org
Fri Dec 12 21:14:16 CET 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Michael Thaler wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 04:17:29PM +0100, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>
> > Well, you'd need to add circle, ellipse and line algorithms -- but those
> > aren't too hard.
>
> BTW, can you recommend some good books on computergraphics?

Sure: I've written a short notice on several on my book notice website.
I rather liked:

Java 2D graphics (nice description of a useful 2d api and good
treadment of affine transforms)
Computer Graphics by Hearn and Bake (most generally useful)r
Computer Graphics: Principles and Practive, by Foley and van Dam
(the standard -- but a bit heavy on 3d)
And the most venerable classic, very cheap second hand, but still
a very clear introduction,
Principles of Interactive Computer Graphics, Newman and Sproull.

But I found that looking at the code of gsumi, wetware and old versions of
the gimp was just as useful, as was the code of libart.