User interface.

Shawn Gordon shawn@thekompany.com
Wed, 07 Feb 2001 14:39:17 -0800

At 11:10 AM 2/7/2001, you wrote:
>Hey John,
>
><question>
>Would you be willing to take a serious look at a user interface concept for
>Krayon if I mocked one up? Some of the changes I'd propose are dramatic, so
>some requests aren't for the short term, but I'm already seeing the gestation
>in Krayon of an interface that I'm not going to love. I'd love it more than
>Gimp, of course, but I love most things more than Gimp, so we're not making
>much progress :).
></question>
>
><ego>
>I've used Photoshop for 6 years, Gimp for about 9 months, Lightwave 3D for
>several years. I'm an accomplished software developer, and through my small
>company (www.digitalspinner.com) I've led the design of over 100 web sites
>using the aforementioned tools.
></ego>
>
><reasoning>
>I think Krayon has the potential to evolve into a powerful and productive
>tool for digital design (web sites, multimedia, etc.). However, I'm watching
>user interface rules being applied to Krayon that are meant more for
>text-oriented applications like Kwrite, Kword, etc.
></reasoning>
>
>I've got some sound concepts that a) aren't frustrating like kivio's wierd
>panels, and b) significantly decrease mouse clicks and cursor movement that
>ultimately slow down and obstruct the creative process.

This is the second comment I've seen about Kivio in this forum, but none
have been sent to us, and as the purveyors of Kivio I would like to
understand what the complaint is.  The stencil sets are in a dock widget
which makes them convenient to place and similar to Visio.  All the
toolbars are configurable and movable in dock widgets.  What panels are you
referring to?