User interface.

Sean Pecor sean@digitalspinner.com
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 14:10:52 -0500

Hey John,

<question>
Would you be willing to take a serious look at a user interface concept f=
or=20
Krayon if I mocked one up? Some of the changes I'd propose are dramatic, =
so=20
some requests aren't for the short term, but I'm already seeing the gesta=
tion=20
in Krayon of an interface that I'm not going to love. I'd love it more th=
an=20
Gimp, of course, but I love most things more than Gimp, so we're not maki=
ng=20
much progress :).=20
</question>

<ego>
I've used Photoshop for 6 years, Gimp for about 9 months, Lightwave 3D fo=
r=20
several years. I'm an accomplished software developer, and through my sma=
ll=20
company (www.digitalspinner.com) I've led the design of over 100 web site=
s=20
using the aforementioned tools.=20
</ego>

<reasoning>
I think Krayon has the potential to evolve into a powerful and productive=
=20
tool for digital design (web sites, multimedia, etc.). However, I'm watch=
ing=20
user interface rules being applied to Krayon that are meant more for=20
text-oriented applications like Kwrite, Kword, etc. =20
</reasoning>

I've got some sound concepts that a) aren't frustrating like kivio's wier=
d=20
panels, and b) significantly decrease mouse clicks and cursor movement th=
at=20
ultimately slow down and obstruct the creative process.=20

All the best,

Sean.

--=20
# Digital Spinner / President.
# sean@digitalspinner.com / http://www.digitalspinner.com
# Phone: 802.948.2020 / Fax: 802.948.2749