Krayon crashing.

John Califf jcaliff@compuzone.net
Wed, 07 Feb 2001 13:12:27 -0500

Thanks for your effort.  The native mimetype missing error is a common
one for any koffice application that is compiled and installed
separately from the rest of koffice.  Koffice won't load the module
until it finds the mimetype for it.

You may have krayon installed under the name "kimageshop".  The name was
changed about 6 weeks ago from "kimageshop" to "krayon", so make sure
that all the old KImageshop libs in $KDEDIR/libs and executable in
$KDEDIR/bin and support files in $KDEDIR/share/apps/kimageshop are
removed.  Also the .desktop files for kimageshop and anything in your
home directory concerning kimageshop.  This might have happened if you
had installed Kimageshop earlier and then installed a later version of
koffice from the snapshots without uninstalling the old version.

Also, it never hurts just to delete your ksycoca file in
/tmp/kde-username/. Not recommended while running kde, but even that may
be harmless.  That used to be in your home directory instead of /tmp, so
remove the old version from  $HOME/.kde/share/config/ if one is there.
It will get rebuilt automatically and reinstall the mimetypes next time
you start kde.  However I think that issue was resolved some time ago
and that rebuildksycoca now takes care of that whenever you start a kde
session.

John