[kgraphviewer-devel] KF5 version of kgraphviewer

Arnold Dumas contact at arnolddumas.fr
Mon Aug 4 20:34:11 UTC 2014

Le 04/08/2014 22:17, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
> Hello!
>
> On Mon, Aug 04, 2014 at 10:06:54PM +0200, Arnold Dumas wrote:
>> Massif-visualizer is being ported to KF5. As you might know,
>> massif-visualizer uses kgraphviewer to show nices graphs.
>>
>> At the moment, there is no KF5-based version of kgraphviewer. I'm then
>> asking you: is there anybody working on such a port. If no, I'll be
>> glad to
>> work on it.
>
> I don't think anyone is, I think we're kind of challenged time-wise
> just doing the basic maintenance :( .
> And I don't even have any idea what kind of changes that means.
> If it means any changes that aren't backwards-compatible I expect
> we will want to wait with committing anything to trunk until we made
> a proper release - though with git using a branch admittedly shouldn't
> be an issue really.
>
> Regards,
> Reimar

Basically a KF5-based version means, based on Qt5 and it's not
backward-compatible.

The common practice is to create a "frameworks" branch and then to do
the stuff there. The idea isn't to break master nor to mess up existing
working versions, it's to make this application moving forward to the
KDE future, aka Frameworks 5.

--
Arnold Dumas
http://arnolddumas.fr