[kgraphviewer-devel] Re: Moving kgraphviewer from svn to git

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Oct 11 22:10:05 CEST 2010

On 11.10.10 21:19:43, Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Monday 11 October 2010 20:53:51 Gaël (aka Kleag) wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Now that kgraphviewer 2.1 is released (announce to come soon), it is
> > possible to think at the moving from svn to git. I had a look at the page
> > pointed out by Tom Albers:
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/MoveToGit/UsingSvn2Git
> >
> > I tried to follow it but then discovered that it needs around 65 GB of disk
> > space... But I have no machine with so much place.
> >
> > Could anyone of you do it for me ? We could then contact the sysadmin to
> > create the git repository.
>
> CCing Andreas  Pakulat, as he did that for me back then.
>
> Andreas, could you help us?

Well, I can do this, as long as the svn->git conversion rules are done.
I'm ok with redoing it once or twice in case errors show up in the final
git repo, but I don't have time to fix any larger issues that come up
with the svn to git rules.

I'll have to update my copy of the svn repo and can then do a run of the
conversion. That usually takes 2-4 hours (depending on my disk-caching),
provided there are no bigger errors. Let me know if you want me to start
on that or rather want to find someone else who's also able to fix any
problems coming up with the conversion rules.

Andreas

--
Don't feed the bats tonight.