[kgraphviewer-devel] Making kgraphviewer_part a full library

Gaël (aka Kleag) kleag at free.fr
Fri Apr 30 17:52:01 CEST 2010

Hello,

As said before, I'm working on making the kgraphviewer part a full library.
Thus, I created a namespace for it and make it use a d pointer.

Thus arises a problem for the kgrapheditor program. It was using an inline
method to access the internal graph (graph() defined as m_widget->graph()). But
now, m_widget is inside the private class and cannot be accessed from the part
header. And if not inline, the program cannot link anymore as it is not linked
with the part library.

Well, this was a hack and doing things cleanly make it not work anymore.

I see only one solution to this problem: creating a real library containing
the DotGraphView widget that would be used by programs like kgrapheditor that
must access the internals and a part used to display the graphs in
applications like kgraphviewer that don't use the internals.

What do you think ?

Gaël
--
KsirK - a world domination strategy game
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/Tactic_and_Strategy/KsirK

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer and editor based on a reusable
part
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer