[kgraphviewer-devel] Graphviz library

Gaël (aka Kleag) kleag at free.fr
Mon Apr 26 00:08:57 CEST 2010

On Sunday 25 April 2010 23:51:22 Gaël (aka Kleag) wrote:
> On Saturday 24 April 2010 10:57:30 Gaël (aka Kleag) wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I refactored yesterday the use of the graphviz library instead of the
> > external programs. It is now the default and is restricted to the part,
> > the applications (kgraphviewer and kgrapheditor) just handling the user
> > settings.
> >
> > I now want to move the long time operations (loading,layouting) into
> > threads to avoid to block the UI.
>
> Done.
I have maybe commited too quickly... Trying to load several graphs in parallel
crash the program. So, I wonder if the graphviz library is thread safe or if I
made an error. I was not able to find any reference on the web about the
graphviz thread safety.

Gaël

--
KsirK - a world domination strategy game
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/Tactic_and_Strategy/KsirK

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer and editor based on a reusable
part
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer