[Kget] Dependency Freeze Exception Request for KGet

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Wed Jun 5 00:03:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

I would like to request an exception for the Dependency Freeze in the
case of KGet to add a dependency on Nepomuk Core and Nepomuk Widgets.

The situation is that KGet already provides Nepomuk integration, which
provides features like auto tagging and download history. I worked on
restoring the download history code, which was more or less broken,
for KDE SC 4.10 but made a note to port the trunk version to Nepomuk2
to avoid some quirks that will not be fixed in Nepomuk. Unfortunately,
I had very little time to hack on KDE the last couple of months and I
just found time to do the port. It would be good to have this go into
the betas for KDE SC 4.11 to have more time to test, but I'm very
confident that this code is working since the migration is more or
less automated by now.

To clarify, this does not introduce any new feature to KGet, just
implements the same optional Nepomuk features using Nepomuk2 which is
actively maintained and improved. I'm CCing Lukas Appelhans, the
maintainer of KGet (who agrees with introducing this dependency) and
Vishesh Handa who is maintaining Nepomuk2.

I am open to any questions or clarifications.

David E. Narváez