[Kget] Re: Fwd: Fwd: My application for Season of KDE 2011

Lukas Appelhans l.appelhans at gmx.de
Fri May 6 21:40:28 CEST 2011

Hey!

Sorry for taking a while, but I'm quite busy always :/

Anyway, this feature is wanted by the KGet developers because it finally will
give us the ability for speed-control of http/ftp transfers which was
requested a lot already on bko...

There even was some halfway working implementation for it 2 years ago another
KGet developer (Manolo) did... not sure if it can be of any use though...

I'm not sure whether to actually implement this globally in KIO or just in the
kioslaves, maybe Alex can say something about this?

Having you working on it would be awesum! :)

Lukas

PS: If there is no other mentor available, I will of course mentor you and
dive into KIO as well :)

PS2: You can also meet in #kget on IRC...