[Kget] KGet Runner

Tomas Van Verrewegen tomasvanverrewegen at telenet.be
Tue Sep 29 10:42:56 CEST 2009

Ok. Got my SVN account details, so I committed this.

2 comments:

1. org.kde.kget.service needs to be added to "kdenetwork/kget/desktop".
But I don't really know how to tell cmake to put the correct install prefix in
the entry: "Exec=/usr/bin/kget".... Anyone?

2. Because "showNewTransferDialog()" blocks, krunner became unresponsive as
long as the "New Download" dialog was open. I switched the DBus code to an
"asyncCall" to work around this.
But....
I stumbeled on some weirdness in the showNewTransferDialog() implementation:
Reproduce like this (using runner from svn):
- in krunner, type: "http://a"
- choose "download with kget"
- leave the dialog open
- again in krunner, type: "http://a"
- choose "download with kget"
-> now the dialog contains "http://a" twice
- leave the dialog open
- again in krunner, type: "http://a"
- choose "download with kget"
-> now the dialog contains "http://a" once again

This behaviour only occurs when the URL's you enter are identical.
I haven't found the time yet to investigate this further.
If you like, I can put this in a bug report...

Cheers, Tomas