[Kget] KGet Runner

Tomas Van Verrewegen tomasvanverrewegen at telenet.be
Thu Oct 1 16:10:35 CEST 2009

No prob.

1.

I figured it out in the meantime :)

I also checked "test_transfers.cpp". Here "KRun::runCommand(...)" is used to
start KGet if it isn't already running.

DBus offers the same functionality (see http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-
specification.html#message-bus-starting-services ).

The code I'm using now is far from perfect, but I've been doing some more
research on DBus and will clean this up a bit in the next couple of days,
cause the way I'm doing it now is not very clean and there are better options.

The "org.kde.kget.service" tells DBus that KGet can be automatically started,
so even if it isn't used in KGet internally, it's nice to provide the option
of starting KGet via DBus.

2.

That's what I thought, but not what happens.... (at least not with
KGet-2.3.1/KDE-4.3.1, might have changed in trunk).

Can you verify these scenarios:

(A) 3 x the same URL:
- in krunner, type: "http://a"
- choose "download with kget"