[Kget] I: How to use kdevelop to develop kget

nekkar at libero.it nekkar at libero.it
Thu Aug 6 19:00:26 CEST 2009

 Hi Aswin. At the moment I'm not very active anymore with kget development. Maybe someone in the #kget mailing list can help you.

In order to develop for kget and kde in general you first have to build the whole kde infrastracture (libraries like kdelibs).

I would suggest you to follow the instructions in this tutorial:

       http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Unstable_Version

Then you can use the application you want for the job. I was personally using kate to edit the code, but someone also uses kdevelop, as you stated.

In order to build the project I would suggest you to use the console, which lets you understand better how the build process works.

In      http://techbase.kde.org/Welcome_to_KDE_TechBase     there are lots of tutorials and instruction on how to dive in the kde programming world.

Have fun ;)

    Dario