[Kget] kget and libbtcore

Modestas Vainius modestas at vainius.eu
Fri May 2 17:34:38 CEST 2008

Hello,

I was wondering which version of libbtcore kget 4.1.x will depend on? Log
entry of r790478 [1] suggests kget 4.1 depending on libbtcore (SONAME 4) as
of KTorrent 3.1.x forever. However, KTorrent releases more frequently than
kdenetwork and probably at the time of KDE 4.1.3 there will be KTorrent 3.2
or later depending on libbtcore SONAME 5. So my question is whether stable
kget releases (4.1.x, 4.2.x etc.) will be updated to work with libbtcore
(SONAME 5, 6 etc.) or later once newer stable KTorrent is released.

I'm packaging KTorrent for Debian and I'm currently not sure how to handle
libbtcore: either build it directly from KTorrent which makes KTorrent and
kget tied together or package libbtcore completely separately from KTorrent.
The former way is OK if stable kget releases will be updated to work with
newer stable releases of libbtcore. However, I'll choose the 2nd way if kget
4.1.x will depend on libbtcore SONAME 4 forever this way decoupling KTorrent
and kget from each other.

P.S. Embedding libbtcore in kget plugin is not an option.

1. http://websvn.kde.org/?view=rev&revision=790478

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas at vainius.eu>