[Kget] Settings

joel vennin joel.vennin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 07:13:02 CET 2008

Hi,

I've question concerning general settings for a plugin. In fact, through the
transfer class we can override the save definition to save settings for a
specific transfer. To save global settings we use the KConfig system.

However, I need when my plugin is loaded (transfer factory initialization)
to initialize some class (server settings) with the global config (present
in the KConfig singleton). So, I can do it through the transferfactory
constructor to initialize my class. However, if one change the global
settings of the plugin, I'm not able to be notified dynamically by this
change.

So, for now I've only one solution, for me it is just a hack but not the
best solution (I think). What I do for now, I add some signal/slot between
the ui settings of the plugin and my class (server settings) to keep
informed by settings modification.

Joel