[Kget] [kde] Kuickshow in KDE 4?

Carsten Pfeiffer pfeiffer at kde.org
Sun Dec 21 21:33:00 CET 2008

Am Sonntag, 21. Dezember 2008 schrieben Sie:
> Did you mean to CC kget@? I left them in CC, just in case. Full quote
> for kde@'s benefit.

I did actually, but I guess it's still being moderated again. I thought there
was this "auto-allow posts from this dude" feature in mailman...

> > I have the same concerns, but I'm going to try how it "feels". How often
> > do you actually move the image outside of the window in order to scroll
> > it? I *think* this happens rather seldom, if at all, that's why I thought
> > one could make that a drag-operation.
>
> If you mean how often the image is so large that I move the mouse outside
> of the window while moving around the visible part: quite often.

Yes, that's what I meant. I hardly ever scroll images, I usually use "m" to
maximize, but If I do, I think I keep scrolling within the window's bounds.
Ah well, we can either use a modifier or another mouse button (right-drag),
none of those would be very intuitive, though.

> While we are at it, could you guys make shift-arrow, ctrl-arrow or some
> such move the image as if I dragged it? That would save huge amounts of
> time.
>
> Maybe even pixel-exact moving with ctrl-arrow, larger chunks with
> shift-arrow and fast moving with shift-ctrl-arrow.

Actually pressing one of the arrow keys should indeed move the image, in case
the window is smaller (see the shortcut configuration). We can add the other
move-modes for the next version.

Cheers,
Carsten