[Kget] [kde] Kuickshow in KDE 4?

Carsten Pfeiffer pfeiffer at kde.org
Sun Dec 21 20:26:42 CET 2008

Am Samstag, 20. Dezember 2008 schrieben Sie:

Thanks for forwarding the mail, Richard!

> > - when browsing images with page-up/page-down, some operations (zoom,
> > rotation, brightness, ...) should be remembered, (even) if the image is
> > not saved, so that going back to that image will display it as it was
> > displayed before
>
> Make that optional, please. I rely on the pictures being displayed as they
> are each time I (re-)visit them. I am not sure if kuickshow heeds the EXIF
> rotation data, but if it does not, that would be a great addition for the
> new version :)

It does respect the EXIF data. And actually it should already remember "some"
information, but not all of them, and it forgets them quickly, too, so it's
not /that/ useful. But no problem, we can make it optional.

> > - dragging an image currently moves the image (in case it is larger than
> > the window), it would be nice if the image could (additionally) be
> > dragged to somewhere else, as a URL drag
>
> That will most likely cause many mis-drags as people will not expec that
> moving the dragging mouse cursor outside of the window will change it's
> function on the fly.
> How about a shift/ctrl drag that will actually drag'n'drop the picture?

I have the same concerns, but I'm going to try how it "feels". How often do
you actually move the image outside of the window in order to scroll it? I
*think* this happens rather seldom, if at all, that's why I thought one could
make that a drag-operation.

Cheers,
Carsten