[Kget] Multiple Improvements for KGet

Lukas Appelhans l.appelhans at gmx.de
Wed Apr 9 02:19:27 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 08 April 2008 07:26:54 mohammed mt wrote:
> Hi all...
Hey :)
> I am Mohammed MT from India...
> I wishes this summer to do with KDE's "Multiple Improvements for KGet"
> The following are the features suggested by KDE, and thus to complete in
> this summer...
Cool :)

>  1. A right-click menu to change file download properties (filename,
> destination directory, URL)
>  2. Allow users the option of adding new download sources to a
> multithreaded transfer manually
>  3. Pass metadata about downloaded files to Nepomuk for semantic desktop
Ok a basic version of this has already been implemented, but we still need to
do rating/tagging/commenting... :)
>  4. Pass digital signatures to KGpg
>  5. Add support for repairing downloads via Metalinks with chunk checksums
>  6. GUI to create Metalinks
>  7. Integration of BitTorrent/FTP/HTTP multi-source downloads.
For this we already have a basic, but not yet good tested version there, it's
called DataSourceFactory and it manages multiple datasource for the transfer
plugin, however we need to test that and to write the Http/Ftp DataSource
(will be done in Multithreaded-Plugin)... however, we should work together on
this :) The first implementation is planned on Metalink-Plugin for KDE 4.2 :)
Anyway, this goes together with 7) :)

> And as an addition the categorised saving of files, thus saving different
> type of files to different directories...
That's already implemented, but we still need mimetype-support, so good point
:)
> another addition to this project
> is to add a feature that to download the file portion in different sizes
> from different clients and finally combine the portions. It will be helpful
> in downloading large files(especially an area where the users having only a
> slow internet connection).
Cool :)
> thanks

Regards