[Kget] Bittorrent-plugin based on libktorrent

Joris Guisson joris.guisson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 19:57:00 CET 2007

Actually, it is named libktcore at the moment (cmake doesn't allow two
targets with the same name)

In theory, it shouldn't be difficult to do. We might need to do some
modifications to make things more application agnostic. But these
should be rather minor.

Normally you would only need to create a TorrentControl object, load a
torrent and call update on it a couple of times per second. You will
need to initialize our logging system too (so that it writes to a kget
specific file).

The question is how are we going to organize this code wise ? Is the
plugin going to be part of ktorrent or kget ?

Feature wise, how far do you want to go ? Just basic downloading, or
maybe DHT (trackerless torrents) and UPnP support too ? (UPnP code is
in a separate library named libktupnp)
Do you want to support upload and download speed limits ?

Joris,