[Kget] doka

Urs Wolfer uwolfer at kde.org
Fri Jan 19 18:43:04 CET 2007

Hi Daniel

I have seen your new app on kde-apps [1]. It looks quite good :)

But my question is: Why developing two download managers for KDE? I know, KGet
from KDE3 is not the best app...
But have you heard of the KDE4 version? It's still under hard development.
Some new features of it will be metalink support, multithreaded downloads,
torrent support (plugin based; that means new transfer protocols are
possible), complete new user interface and much more.

My question is: What do you think about a "merge" of the two apps? You could
join the development team of the almost rewritten KGet for KDE4. At the
moment there are three developers working on it.

Check it out:
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/make_kget_cool

Bye
urs