[Kget] knowing kget2

Urs Wolfer u.wolfer at bluewin.ch
Thu Oct 13 01:29:32 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 12 October 2005 10:10, Manolo Valdes wrote:
> Hi Guys

Hi Manolito

> I've been reading the comments in the headers files but
> I'm not a KDE hacker so I'm still dont get the way kget works. so I dont
> know how to re implement the multitreaded dowloader and add it to kget.
> there is a paper? or one of you that can tell me the basics of kget guts.

If you want to write a transfer plugin the is the "transfers" subfolder the
important thing for you.
The best way is to take a existing plugin (there are currently only bittorrent
and KIO) and study how it's written.
Probably you can improve the KIO plugin (it's for ftp, http, ...).
How is your downloader written? Only Qt, without kdelibs? I'm interested to
see your code ;)

Bye
urs