[Kget] KGet licence / copyright header

Urs Wolfer u.wolfer at bluewin.ch
Tue Oct 11 20:54:55 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 20:05, Pino Toscano wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 October 2005 18:10, Urs Wolfer wrote:
> > I have updated this headers. All files without a licence: GPL2+. If there
> > was no copyright: Copyright (C) 2005 KGet Developers <kget at kde.org>
> > I also updated the header-formatting of some old files (but not changed
> > the content, only added: Copyright (C) 2005 KGet Developers
> > <kget at kde.org>).
>
> Wait, is it legal adding such kind of copyrights?
>
> iirc there was a thread on the kde-core-devel ml some time ago, and iirc
> such kind of copyright statements were not considered valid. Not sure about
> that. You should search better or ask in the proper MLs, though.

I think you mean this thread: http://lists.kde.org/?t=111850727700006&r=1&w=2
Thanks for your reference.

I've looked who has the files (there are only 2 without a copyright) imported
in svn. It was Carsten Pfeiffer. So I think I'll add his copyright.

Another interessting thread: http://lists.kde.org/?t=109173373400002&r=1&w=2
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=109173578815538&w=2

But: There are a lot of KDE apps with "The ... Developers" - copyright.
(Konqueror, Kopete, KMail, ...)

Bye
urs