[Kget] What's the status of the multithread download plugin?

Dario Massarin nekkar at libero.it
Fri Nov 11 11:21:21 CET 2005

> Well I'am trying to code it but I'm still trying to figure out how to make it
> kio compatible.
> because I'm not find yet a kio funtion to start a download with a starting
> offset. and that is the only way to make a multithread download.
> any help in the kio framework will be welcome.

Hi Manolito!

It's not strictly necessary to base this plugin on kde kioslaves. I suggest you to use them only if this simplifies your life, but this seems not to be the case, from what you wrote before.
Many months ago I gave too a look at kioslaves to figure out how easy it would be to implement multithread downloads. What I remember is that I realized how kioslaves are good for 99% of kde applications, but not so good for a download application.

So I think it would be a better idea to drop kioslaves and think about another way to implement it (pure qt is good).

Comments? questions?

Many many thanks for your work.. :-)

Best regards,
   Dario