D29381: Thumbnail text: use libmagic to detect encoding

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 20 10:52:13 BST 2020

sitter added a comment.

  Browsing the code it looks like it mmaps the file though? And when I add some strategic sleeping I can verify that file goes towards shared memory.

  Oh, I suppose the trouble is that load gets called each ::create? Simply wrap it in a cpp class and static scope it to something maybe?

  The finder by the way is still in disarray I've noticed. Please look at one of the more modern finds in ECM for reference. Also I think the find_library call is wrong, it should look for 'magic' not 'libmagic'

    Each library name given to the NAMES option is first considered as a library file name and then considered with platform-specific prefixes (e.g. lib) and suffixes (e.g. .so).

  i.e. either the NAME is `libmagic.so` (which is a file) or `magic` (which gets platform adjusted), but probably not `libmagic` as that is neither a file nor will the platform adjusted `liblibmagic.so` be one.

REPOSITORY
  R320 KIO Extras