D29562: KDirectoryContentsCounter: Avoid scanning twice the same dir, prioritise path not in cache

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 18 07:43:31 BST 2020

meven planned changes to this revision.
meven marked an inline comment as done.
meven added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> elvisangelaccio wrote in kdirectorycontentscounter.cpp:186-194
> So if I'm not wrong, this is 2*O(n) + another O(n) for the insert. Previously it was just an amortized O(1) insert.
>
> Are we sure we are not slowing down?

This won't slow anything down : those queues contain filename to stat on, i.e calling syscalls that are 10 times slower than those complexity changes.

I privileged convenience here as it is in fact not performant critical, and lacking better alternative as data structure.
In fact it makes me realize I should use QLinkedList instead of QVector, since I only ever insert and pop.
But again this won't be noticeable in the end.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin