D29634: sftp: break large writes into multiple requests

Alexander Saoutkin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 12 11:44:35 BST 2020

feverfew added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> meven wrote in kio_sftp.cpp:1831-1832
> Maybe we can deduce the server buffer size based on the `bytesWritten` value : at init `serv_buffer_size =MAX_XFER_BUF_SIZE; ` and then ` if (length > bytesWritten) { serv_buffer_size = bytesWritten }` and use `serv_buffer_size` instead of MAX_XFER_BUF_SIZE in the loop.

I'm not sure if that would help. `MAX_XFER_BUF_SIZE` would be the upper bound of this approach, and if the server buffer size is less I imagine we'll crash anyway (as detailed in the bug report). If we simply write less then yes, we can use this to "calibrate" but seeming as it crashes instead then unfortunately I don't think this will work.

REPOSITORY
  R320 KIO Extras