D28402: Provide ability to configure size cut-off for local file previews

Gaston Haro noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 5 02:19:07 BST 2020

harogaston added a comment.

  > In fact they are not :
  >  When 0 is set for remote file spinbox it means that only remote files a file smaller than 0 will get a preview (i.e never).
  >  When 0 is set for local file spinbox it means that all local files file will get a preview because in that case we set `IgnoreMaximumSize` :
  >
  >   job->setIgnoreMaximumSize(itemSubSet.first().isLocalFile() && m_localFileSizePreviewLimit <= 0
  >

  > This inverse the meaning of the value 0 basically. (The KPreviewJob use the max int value as default for MaximumSize, meaning all local files should have a preview).
  >  If this line was not set, it would be true.

  You were right, of course. Which got me thinking why did I have the wrong idea. It turned out I was not updating the value properly so the behaviur I my testing was misleading.
  I went for "No limit" and "No previews" as the spin-box special value (0) text for local and remote files respectively.

  Any other comments please let me know.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin