D28017: Update dragCursor while dragging

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 13 08:43:43 GMT 2020

meven added a comment.

  In D28017#626775 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28017#626775>, @trmdi wrote:

  > In D28017#626772 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28017#626772>, @meven wrote:
  >
  > > This works only once the mouse starts moving after the key modifier has been pressed.
  >

  > I try like this: start dragging > move the mouse (1) > press and hold modifier keys > move the mouse (at least 1px) (2)
  >  and it works.
  >
  > You mean it doesn't work without the step (2) ?

  Yes, the cursor does not change as the modifier is pressed.
  At least despite the cursor does not change in the situation the drop event will run the expected action.
  This makes the UI and behavior incoherent though.

  So I guess we should add a keypress connection during a drag and disconnect it at the end caring only for modifiers and calling `event->acceptProposedAction()`

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin