D27902: smb: figure out the best host to use for the UDS_URL

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 6 16:03:07 GMT 2020

sitter created this revision.
sitter added reviewers: ngraham, dfaure.
Herald added projects: Dolphin, Frameworks.
Herald added subscribers: kfm-devel, kde-frameworks-devel.
sitter requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  previously we simply used the ip address. this is fairly awkward though.
  instead try to deduce a resolvable host name from the pretty name.

  fallback order is now:
  $prettyName.local (probably dnssd)
  $prettyName (probably llmnr)
  $ipAddr (neither worked)

  because this is getting fairly expensive now: use async resolution for all
  qhostinfos. even so, it's too blocking for my liking. it is holding up
  dnssd discoveries a noticeable amount.

  the more I poke this the more I feel like we might want to refactor most of
  the resolver into a caching daemon. doing the discovery dance from scratch
  on every listDir seems largely a waste of time. although, that seems
  to be literally how it works on windows as well judging from the traffic.

TEST PLAN
  wsdd on linux server resolves as expected, wsd on win10 also resolves as expected

REPOSITORY
  R320 KIO Extras

BRANCH
  smb-unknowndevice-ensure-resolvability